Fireworks for fools

While it's still November 5th I thought I'd just say what a load of twaddle bonfire night is.

The best we can do for a day of national celebration is to have a party because someone was burned alive.

We're already muttering about the Iraqis botching the Saddam Hussein trial. So should they now reserve the day of his execution as their flagship family night out? 'Penny for the noose' etc.

Fireworks have entertained British audiences for centuries. Nothing quite comes close to making an occasion truly special.

But you first need an occasion. I find it very hard to get excited about burning Guy Fawkes. In fact, I usually end up feeling rather sorry for the chap.

What's that, Ian Huntley's passed away? I'll get the Catherine wheels...

Labels: , , ,

posted by Blamerbell @ 9:11 pm,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home