Welsh politicians are all winners
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Welsh politicians swept the board at last night's Welsh Politician of the Year awards in Cardiff Bay. Funny that.
- Peter Hain won the big prize for promoting himself to the rank of Viceroy, err, sorry, for guiding the new Government of Wales Act through parliament.
- Plaid's Adam Price won MP of the year for single-handedly providing the only credible opposition to the government on Iraq.
- Conservative health spokesman, Jonathan Morgan, won AM of the year, for his wonderful dress sense and full head of hair.
- Education minister Jane Davidson won communicator of the year. Not sure how, she still hasn't replied to my email.
- And there were four other awards too, just to make sure that every Welsh politician did, in fact, receive some sort of prize. Briefly, Neil Kinnock won the 'Nearest a ginger person has come to Prime Minister' award; Rhodri Morgan won the 'Politician most often mistaken for a drunk' award; and Plaid's leader, Ieuan Wyn Jones, won the Joe Pasquale award for public speaking.
Another great night for Welsh politics.
posted by Blamerbell @ 12:40 pm,