Selling the Cardiff City dream

Straight out of the 'Bluebirds sign new player' book of quotes - this time it's former Aston Villa 'star' Peter Whittingham:

"I had a meeting with the chairman and the manager and they basically sold the club to me," said Whittingham.

"They showed we what they want to do here and it looks amazing. For me this is a club that is going places and I really want to be a part of it.

"Big things are happening at Cardiff City, you just have to look at the new stadium and training ground plans. It looks exciting."


When will we sign a player who's a bit more honest?

"I had a meeting with the chairman and the manager and they basically told me a load of crap. I recognised the chairman as that bloke wot ruined Leeds United, but compared with Doug Ellis he don't seem that bad.

"They showed me what they wanted to do here, and I said they had no chance. But this is a club that's willing to let me get in the first team, and I want to be a part of it.

"Big things are happening at Cardiff City, you just have to look at the flare that was let off against Tottenham Hotspur - it was like being in the Bernabeu."

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Blamerbell @ 10:25 am,

2 Comments:

At 11:47 am, Blogger Aled said...

Ha ha, nice one.

 
At 7:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out the bbc on all of the most recent cardiff transfers...they've all been sold the "dream" by sam and peter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home