Barrett's blast from the past

Oh for the glory days. Nostalgia is all around us at the moment, from high street fashion to something called Life on Mars (haven't seen it, why bother when Desperate Housewives is still going strong?).

Never one to be left out of the latest fad, Labour's Cardiff South and Penarth candidate Lorraine Barrett has setup a 90s nostalgia website. It's a world where the assembly is still housed in that horrid brick building, and Alun Michael is First Minister. I know Labour are intending to stand on their record at this assembly election, but isn't that going a little too far?

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Blamerbell @ 10:25 pm,

5 Comments:

At 2:08 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She has never recovered from the day Michael was stabbed in the back by his Labour colleagues.

 
At 7:27 pm, Blogger Damon Lord said...

At the hustings at the Deaf Club on Newport Road, Cardiff, in 2003, she stated that if re-elected she'd learn sign language. I have doubts if she has....

 
At 10:34 pm, Blogger Blamerbell said...

"At the hustings at the Deaf Club on Newport Road, Cardiff, in 2003, she stated that if re-elected she'd learn sign language. I have doubts if she has...."

Are you sure? That seems like a very odd pledge to make in a relatively safe seat.

 
At 12:18 am, Blogger Damon Lord said...

I was there, dude.

I particularly noted it, because outside of politics, I love languages and I'm always interested if someone says they're going to learn a language, whatever it may be.

I think she was pandering to the audience though.

 
At 12:21 am, Blogger Damon Lord said...

I should note that I was there as chief campaign gopher for the Tory candidate at the hustings, Cardiff Central's then candidate Craig Piper (now only seventh on the list for S. Wales Central).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home