The two sides of Welsh politics
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Rosettes are being preened, tactics are being chalked up and speeches are being badly written. This is now an election campaign.
And just as politicians (and the hopefuls) are getting into full swing, the actual daily grind of politics has gone into underdrive. Since Chrismtas, the assembly has voted for free prescriptions and ratifying the smoking ban. Few people could name any other events of note.
Last week, the lethargy was so pronounced that the highlight (certainly for the celebrity bloggers) seemed to be Brynle Williams getting upside down and inside out.
And yet, this is exactly the time when Welsh politics must seem at its most relevant if people are going to be persuaded to take the time to vote. Instead, there's an inevitable sense of winding down before the campaign trail goes truly beserk. All the while, voters gaze through the glass panels into the politicians' furrow in Cardiff Bay and must wonder what exactly it is they're voting for.
posted by Blamerbell @ 9:06 am,
- At 10:33 am, Tiger Tales said...
You're absolutely right. Consensus is that the Government wants to keep anything interesting off the agenda, thus boring us into submission before polling day.
- At 1:10 pm, Tortoiseshell said...
"...inevitable sense of winding down before the campaign trail goes truly beserk."
It must be all those Electoral Commission stress-relievers floating around...
- At 3:13 pm, Glyn Davies AM said...
Don't worry folks. There is a debate on Tir Mynydd to come yet. That should wet your appetites.
- At 3:44 pm, said...
whet, glyn, whet your apetites
- At 5:51 pm, Blamerbell said...
whet, glyn, whet your apetites"
It's *appetites*, is it not?
Or were you trying to write ape tits? In which case, this thread would take a surreal turn...
- At 5:56 pm, baytastic said...
Are they allowed to take games in and wear their own clothes on the last day of term?
Some of them won't be back. I wonder if they have water fights and sign each other's T-shirts.
Or have the kids moved on since I left school? Perhaps I should ask Jane Davidson.....
- At 6:00 pm, Blamerbell said...
"Perhaps I should ask Jane Davidson....."
I could ask her if you like. According to MySpace, we are now friends.
- At 6:14 pm, said...
Myspace is sooo last year, facebook is the future.
- At 7:28 pm, Sony Ericsson Takes Over Title said...
This site is awesome.
I have checked it for a wile and I like it so much.
Really! Most be more sites like this one.
This is a little info for people that want to learn of bongs.
This info is more extensive than this but you can get a superficial idea reading this and
Avoid mistake when you’re starting to use it.
• The base is filled with water to the depth dictated by the bong. Water quality can include use of tap water, which may promote mineral buildup, or distilled water, which deposits less residue on the smoking equipment and is easier on lungs. Sometimes other liquids are used, e.g., lime water, giving the smoke a different taste. More rarely, liquids like Coca-Cola and herbal teas are used. However, such liquids can make cleaning difficult and time-consuming.
• The substance to be smoked is packed into the bowl and ignited. Cigarette lighters and matches are commonly used for ignition. Packing the bowl is a balance between filling it with enough substance to create a useful amount of smoke and leaving enough room for air to be sucked through the substance.
When inhaling, the volume of the lungs increases, causing the air in the lungs to decrease in pressure. The air in the lungs is then at a lower pressure than the air in the atmosphere. The pressure difference causes a flow of air from outside of the bong through the bowl picking up smoke from the burning substance. The smoke then bubbles through water and on into the chamber where it is temporarily held. Once the chamber is full to the smokers desired capacity, the hole above the water level is uncovered, either the bowl is pulled out of the stem, or, in bongs with an attached bowl a "carb" or "Shotgun" (a small hole that is covered by the thumb) is uncovered and the smoke is inhaled into the lungs. Once in the lungs, the active chemicals in the smoke are absorbed into the blood stream.
Head Shop and Bong Amazing Legal Herbal Highs, featuring Herbal Smoke, Bongs, Herbal highs, Marijuana Alternative, Headshop Herbal Smoking Blends, Hashish, Herbal Smoke Online, Headshop, Smokeshop, cannibis, legal smoking alternatives for herbal highs and aphrodisia. http://www.headshopinternational.com