A policy a day keeps the bloggers away

Unless I've made a muck of my maths, today should be Lib Dem policy of the day number 93. And yet as far as I can tell, the last known outing for this gimmick/vote winner was on the 9th of March. Ideas seem to have run out at number 50.

What will happen to the backlog? Will we be treated to 74 in a row on May 3rd? Perhaps Mike German will deliver them all in a sort of Ulysses style monologue?

Meanwhile, Plaid candidates seem unable to even remember seven policies, never mind 100+. Still, if Mike German can do them all by memory I'll give him my vote. Full stop. But he has to tell us what they are first.

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Blamerbell @ 5:10 pm,

3 Comments:

At 7:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still awaiting this mysterious manifesto of there's that was supposed to have come out at the end of March. Mind you, I'm not holding my breath.

 
At 8:02 pm, Blogger Peter Black said...

The policy a day ended on the Friday of our Swansea Conference, after which we launched some mini-manifestos. The full 100+ policies in our manifesto will be launched after Easter, on April 10th I think.

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger Blamerbell said...

In my search to find out exactly when the policy a day ended I came across a podcast from Mike German which states that the manifesto would be available at the end of March (rather than mid-April).

Furthermore, at the bottom of each PoD press release you get this message:

"The trend in recent elections have been for the traditional parties to spin their messages as three this, and five that. The Welsh Liberal Democrats have a full programme for government comprising over 100 ideas to make a healthier, wealthier and wiser Wales."

Does rather give the impression that we'd be getting 100, rather than half that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home